Cost: Free Transfer. The gaining Registrant will be required to pay a minimum one (1) year registration fee for the domain name.
Method: Online. No manual filling out forms. No signatures required.
Duration: Real-time registration, maximum ten (10) day approval.
DEFINITIONS: "our Registrar" means the ICANN accredited registrar who is authorized to register global Top Level Domains and who we, the reseller, use to register domain names.
"current Registrant" means the person or entity which is the presently the legal owner of the domain name.
"gaining Registrant" means the person or entity to which the ownership of domain name is being transferred.
"Ownership" means ownership only by one person or entity and excludes joint ownership (At this point in time the Policy for Transfer of Domain Name ("the Policy") prohibits joint ownership).
1. A Transfer of Domain Name is used when you transfer the ownership of a domain name to another person or organization.
2. The following types of transactions are transfers and require a Transfer of a Domain Name:
From a person to another person;
From a company/organisation to another company/organisation;
From a person to a company/organisation;
From a company/organization to a person;
3. Modifying the Owner and/or Administrative contact information or other legal name change listed for a domain name does not change ownership of the domain name. The only way to legally change ownership of a domain name is to complete a Transfer of a domain name.
4. Transfers can only occur between members who have registered a domain name with our Registrar through our web site.
5. Both the current and gaining Registrants must become our members before any transfer of ownership can take place.
6. The Policy prohibits the transfer of a domain name to non-members. If the gaining Registrant is not already our member they will have to register as a member through our web site to join and obtain a Member ID.
7. The current Registrant can only request to transfer to one other Registrant at any one time.
8. Only the current Registrant can initiate a transfer.
9. If a domain name registered through us with our Registrar is the subject of any litigation, and including without limitation, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings, trademark or other intellectual property dispute, dispute over the identity of the Registrant or an administrative dispute, the matter must be resolved with our Registrar prior to completing a Transfer of a Domain Name.
10. The gaining or incumbent registrant must also enter into a minimum one (1) year registration term with us.
11. Transfer must be supported by authorisation from the Administrative contact.
12. The remainder of existing registration term is transferred to the gaining Registrant.
13. The former Registrant will not receive a refund of any part of its registration fee.
14. If the Transfer of Domain Name is approved by our Registrar then the current authorised Registrant of the domain name relinquishes all ownership and any and all other rights to the domain name as of the effective date of transfer.
15. While a transfer request is pending the current Registrant will only have access to the following administrative functions:
Perform a renewal on a Domain Name
Revoke a Transfer Request
16. The current Registrant will have an opportunity to revoke a transfer only under the following circumstances:
Within the first five (5) days, regardless of whether our Registrar's administrator has either approved or denied the transfer;
If the gaining Registrant has decided to reject the transfer.
17. Once our Registrar's administrator has approved the transfer, the gaining Registrant has only five (5) days to log in and accept the transfer. The five (5) day count begins as soon as the transfer has been approved.
18. Once the current Registrant initiates a transfer request and the gaining Registrant has decided to reject the transfer, the current Registrant cannot make or attempt to make any more transfers for the same domain name for 30 days.
19. There may be circumstances where a domain name must be transferred to an entity not registered through us with our Registrar. The transfer may be:
Ordered by a court;
Transferred between the parties.
Devolved by will.
Responsibility of current Registrant:
20. Each Registrant shall maintain its own records appropriate to document and prove the initial domain name registration date, regardless of the number of Registrars with which the Registrant enters into a contract for registration services.
21. The current Registrant must obtain the gaining Registrant's member ID before proceeding with the transfer.
22. The current Registrant must also decide upon a "confirmation password" that they will have to give the gaining Registrant. The password is used to make the transfer process more secure.
Responsibility of the gaining Registrant:
23. Each Registrant shall maintain its own records appropriate to document and prove the initial domain name registration date, regardless of the number of Registrars with which the Registrant enters into a contract for registration services.
24. The gaining Registrant must be an existing member through our web site and therefore must have a member ID.
25. The gaining Registrant must also remember the "confirmation password" that is given to them by the current Registrant. They will be prompted to enter this password after they log in.